Endurance Ride 2012
Are you an experienced biker and craving for some serious biking?
Do you want to ride all day long and discover new roads?
Then this is the ride for YOU!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION about this ride:
-This ride is for experienced bikers ONLY!
– Riders who can control their Harley’s on any road condition and sustain long hardcore routing with few stops!
– Some roads on this ride are not in good condition, some very steep with an infinite number of curves.
– The ride starts early and ends only when the 560km are done!!!!! Out of 560, only a 100 are on highway.
– This year the roads aren’t the same as last years and are better paved but we assure you it’s as TOUGH and HARD CORE as last years!
– All who complete this ride will be awarded the Endurance Ride patch
– For expert experienced riders ONLY.
– If you can’t control your Harley on difficult roads don’t join this ride.
– If you halt before scheduled stops, for any reason, the ride will continue without you.
– No cigarette breaks, fuel top ups, toilet breaks.
– The sweeper cannot wait for you (wait for the next stop!), even if your bike breaks down, as we need to cover the distance.
– We will not ride at a high speed but the average speed will be at a higher pace than usual.
– Stock up with food and water for the day as you won’t find any on the road.
– Your Harley should be able to ride at least 200km per tank. Sportsters check your fuel autonomy.
– Pillion are always welcome but this ride is not a walk in the park.
– Its advised not to have a passenger on this challenge.
Here’s the Schedule:
Date: Sunday 30th september
Location: Medco Gas Station Downtown.
Departure: 7:00AM SHARP
Destination: Crossing a multitude of mountains and valleys.
Route: If you think that there are no more roads to discover and that you have done them all, just wait and see!
1st Stop: after 150 Km…the rest is a surprise.
Lunch: No lunch stop.
Arrival Beirut: We won’t head back to Beirut until the 560Km are done, says the Road Captain
Total Odometer: 560Km or 348 miles
This ride’s level is EXPERT.*
Road Captain: Iskandar Tohme
DOT-Compliant Helmets: OBLIGATORY!!
Passenger Age: Not advised
Bike Tanks: FULL… BEFORE YOU ARRIVE !
THIS IS A CLOSED RIDE. CHAPTER MEMBERS WITH MEMBERSHIP CARDS ONLY.
NOTE THAT IF YOUR H.O.G.® Membership expires, your H.O.G.® Lebanon Chapter Membership expires automatically.
SEE YOU ON SUNDAY!!!… AND TO AN AMAZING 2012!!!
And remember …Ride Safe and Have Fun!
* Normal is a ride that welcomes beginners. The roads are wide and paved. The turns are smooth and easy. The speed is relatively low.
* Intermediate is like most the rides we’ve done. The roads aren’t all perfectly paved. The turns might be a bit tight. The speed is not too low.
* Advanced is a ride that needs certain skills, as the roads are difficult and the speed is relatively high.
* Expert is for riders who can control their Harley’s 110%.